Every girl loves a new bag, even the little girls. My little girl Dilshad, absolutely loves bags. "little" bags are just as expensive these days, its crazy! So im posting an article of how to make your own bag, it'll be unique, she could personalise it with pearls or flowers or studs, let your little one help, it's great mom and daughter time.
fabric, two plastic bracelets, scissors, needle and thread, buttons/gems for decoration if desired. You’ll be using a DVD for your pattern!
1. Let your daughter pick out her favorite DVD to use for the project. Fold your fabric in half. Open the DVD and lay it on the fold of the fabric and cut around it. If your daughter is old enough to use scissors, you can trace around the DVD and let her cut the shape out.
2. Open the piece and lay it flat. Fold down about 1″ on the top and the bottom and press.
3. Fold in half again, right sides facing this time, and press. Sew from the fold up to about 1.5″ from the top (before you get to the fold). You may want to stop 2″ or 3″ from the top, depending on how big your little one’s hands are. Repeat on the other side.
4. Turn the bag right side out. Take one of the plastic bracelets and place it under the top fold. Handstitch the bracelet into the fold, gathering the fabric around the bracelet as you go. Repeat on the other side.
5. Add buttons,ribbon or sequins to embellish the purse if desired. Let your daughter stuff it with her treasures!